Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Fed-Ex Fiasco

Ok so story goes like this. I'm sitting at work Saturday morning and I decided to look at Apple's website because ever since my brother introduced me to iMac I have wanted one. So playing around I thought ok I am gonna apply for financing (which never thought would go thru).  So I chick done and for any of you that have applied for credit you know that that annoying little clock starts turning its arms at it thinks weither to give you credit or say SORRY!!!  So it turns what seems like forever and then all of a sudden APPROVED appears at the top of the screen.. I jumped up, said OMG, and then just about fell over.. They gave me a $1300 credit limit with 0% interest if paid in a year. How could anyone pass that up right.

So once I got home I picked the one I could afford and placed the order.. Needless to say I am such an impulse buyer (so I have been told) that I really didn't think to stop and look at my finances to see if I could afford another payment. In my mind when I want something I want it now and that all there is to it..





                                            


So now comes the Fiasco part.  I really didn't think that it would ship the next day so I put my home address for delivery and then I would see what I could do to be there to sign. So once I realized that was going to be a problem I called Fed-Ex and tried to get shipped to work address. Well needless to say they told me they couldn't do that and that I should call Apple to change that.. So guess what comes next, I call Apple who in turn tells me that it is already to late to change that since it has already beem shipped. They then told me to call Fed-Ex back and have them place a hold at facility request in so that I could just go pick it up. So I call back, ask "Carol" if I could have driver call when he was close to house and I would meet him.. She said "NO" because they have no communication with their drivers after the delivery goes out.. So then I ask can I have it held at a local Fed-Ex so that I could go pick it up.. Carol says, "Sure".. She scheduled the hold, so she says and that I would get an email once at location and then I could go pick it up.. So being the control freak that I am I have been tracking its whereabouts. So when I checked this morning when I woke up it was back at the facility that it originally started out at.. At 6:30am it was on the move again.. Not to where it was suppose to go but back to my residence which will then be its 2nd attempt at my house.. Once more and it will be sent back to Apple as non-deliverable..  Needless to say at this point I am furious at Fed-Ex and can't call to bitch them out because I am at work and I can't act like that in front of patients. So my hands are tied until I find out where it ends up next.  It better be at my Fed-Ex or I am getting "Carol" in really big trouble..

So in the Grand scheme of things this is exactally how I feel right about now..



 


1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha now's one of those times I wish I lived close enough to watch this :)

    ReplyDelete